Cambridge University law graduate with thirty years’ experience as a welfare benefits adviser
- Giving advice to other advisers and to the public and providing tribunal representation
- Devising and delivering training courses
- Publishing web pages, factsheets and leaflets
- Spoke on Radio 4’s Money Box on PIP and disability benefits phone-in (June 2013) and on the BBC News Channel responding to the Bedroom Tax High Court ruling (2013).
- Have spoken as an expert on latest benefit changes on behalf of Disability Rights UK at numerous conferences to audiences of over one hundred people, including:
- Genetic Disorders UK conference 2015
- Thalidomide Society AGM 2014
- Income Max Getting To Know PIP conference 2013
- Spoke at Green Party Autumn 2013 conference workshop hosted by Green Party leader, Natalie Bennett, on food poverty and welfare cuts.
- Have administered, devised and delivered Disability Rights UK’s programme of benefits training courses (2013 to 2015)
- Have provided comprehensive lecture courses on social security benefits for the Pro Bono Community to train law students to provide advice in London Law Centres (2014 to 2015).
- Published summaries of Upper Tribunal decisions to rightsnet briefcase (2009).
- Revised and updated Disability Rights Handbook chapters on tax credits and on claims and appeals
- Wrote Disability Rights UK Appeals factsheets (2011 to 2015).
- Published a webinar on innovative ways to challenge mandatory reconsideration (2014) on DisabilityRightsUK1 YouTube channel.
- Organised conference of the National Association of Welfare Rights Advisers (NAWRA) in June 2000
- Set up and ran a project that gained over £2 million in benefits for local people, 1997 to 2001